MRC Global serves the oil and gas industry across the upstream, midstream and downstream sectors as well as the chemical and gas distribution market sectors worldwide. MRC Global serves the oil and gas industry across the upstream, midstream and downstream sectors as well as the chemical and gas distribution market sectors worldwide. We have an immediate opening for a Warehouse Support Associate. Job Purpose: Primarily responsible for supporting warehouse functions using MRC Global specific and other software. Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Individual must be able to perform the essential duties with or without accommodation.
- Assure business transaction- related processes are accurate and complete by: Locating and pulling Mill Test Reports for Hub material using MRC Global Specific software, Document Library, and the internet; Typing bills of lading, routing motor, air and quick delivers freight and calling carriers for pick up. Count, file and log pick tickets.
- Maintain highest standards of customer service by: Researching information for internal and external customer; Learning new business processes and office procedures as required and serves as a resource to others; Maintaining quality and professional standards with customers, vendors, other MRC Global branches and departments; Maintaining confidential information pertaining to pricing and customer issues.
- Facilitate and coordinates productive communication by: Answering incoming phone calls and routing to the appropriate person; maintaining confidential information pertaining to pricing and customer issues. Establishing and maintaining files.
- Promote a safe workplace by visibly participating, encouraging and considering safety in every aspect of daily activity. Assure compliance with company business processes. Perform other duties and projects as assigned. Adhere to MRC Global ethics policy and holds others accountable for behavior that is consistent with MRC Global ethical standards. Take reasonable care of for the safetyand health of yourself and others; report workplace hazards, inquires, or illness immediately.
Education, Experience & Ability Requirements Any combination of requirements, which provide knowledge and abilities necessary to perform essential duties and responsibilities, will be considered.
- High School Diploma or GED (General Education Degree);
- Ability to learn MRC Global, federal, health and safety regulations;
- Typing and basic computer skills; Working knowledge of standard PC software (Word, Excel or Outlook); Strong organizational and time management skills; Data entry or keyboard experience and /or training preferred;
- Ability to work scheduled and unscheduled overtime as requested may work different shifts as required by the location.
- Must have the ability to provide documentation verifying legal work status;
- Ability to read and speak the English language proficiently in order to communicate with others, understand and interpret safety instructions, and to respond to inquiries;
- Ability to understand and comply with MRC guidelines and expectations, to include Code of Conduct and Conflict of Interest guidelines.
Working Conditions: For position-specific details regarding the physical and mental demands and working conditions, contact Human Resources. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals to perform essential functions. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Salary Range: $18.00-20.00/hr (Depending on experience) MRCG1 #LI-IR1 Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. California Employee Data Collection Notice