Production Operator - Belvidere, NJ
DSM Bright Science. Brighter Living.™
Royal DSM is a global, purpose-led, science-based company active in Nutrition, Health and Sustainable Living. DSM’s purpose is to create brighter lives for all.
DSM addresses with its products and solutions some of the world’s biggest challenges while simultaneously creating economic, environmental and societal value for all its stakeholders customers, employees, shareholders, and society at large.
DSM delivers innovative solutions for human nutrition, animal nutrition, personal care and aroma, medical devices, green products and applications, and new mobility and connectivity.
DSM and its associated companies deliver annual net sales of about €10 billion with approximately 23,000 employees. The company was founded in 1902 and is listed on Euronext Amsterdam.
More information can be found at www.dsm.com .
Manufacturing Line Production Operator
Job Overview :
Come be a part of a manufacturing team that makes and distributes LPF. Work schedule : 7AM - 3 : 30PM (Monday - Friday).
You will be able to work in a safe environment, provided safety equipment, and operate mechanical and electrical line equipment.
You will be able to perform cycle counts, perform packaging of finalized products, and palletize products to prepare them for shipment.
We are looking for dependable, hardworking applicants that can lift, pull, and push 50lbs as well as bend, stoop, sit and stand while on shift.
We are hiring immediately!
- Requirements :
- Requires solid understanding of the job, and applies knowledge and skills to complete assigned tasks.
- Requires good analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills to suggest the solutions that will solve problems.
- Requires good interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to perform in teams in a dynamic work environment.
- Requires computer literacy and ability to use email system.
- Requires accuracy, an excellent detail orientation, initiative to work at a steady pace on with deadlines and a flexible can-do attitude.
- Requires good oral and basic written communication skills to provide information to others by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
- Requires a high degree of manual dexterity with good mechanical aptitude.
- Requires ability to safely operate mechanized equipment, such as lift trucks, hand trucks, and pallet jacks.
- Requires ability to work varying shift patterns and overtime with frequent changes in production plans.
- Requires minimum of 2 years of experience working in a plant that manufactures products.
- Requires a high school diploma or equivalent (GED)
- Performs production activities by operating equipment, adding ingredients, packaging, cleaning, etc., following the instructions of the Shift Team Lead, following all SOPs and adhering to cGMPs to ensure product will meet established specifications.
- Communicates manufacturing process status to Shift Team Lead by informing him / her of any delays, equipment problems, or deviations so that the issues can be addressed.
- Documents all production activities by completing MPR entries, cleaning records, logbooks, withdrawal sheets and other paperwork to provide an accurate paper trail for every batch.
- Monitors production progress by taking equipment readings, evaluating particles with a microscope, and performing in process testing to ensure that product will meet quality requirements.
- Contributes to the writing and revision of Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s).
- Communicates with other production operators (on your shift and at shift change) to inform them of current activities and prevent deviations to the process or loss of product.
- Assists in maintaining accurate inventories of raw materials, operational supplies, and finished products and assisting with cycle counts to ensure that inventory quantities in the system match actual numbers.
- Assists with warehouse activities including after-hours shipping and receiving.
- Assists in production by working overtime as needed and to cover call-ins or absences as necessary.
- Completes all tasks assigned to assist in the operation and profitability of the company.
- Works to safety standards and encourages fellow colleagues to work to the same standards.
- Displays and promotes positive safety behaviors at all times; uses proper personal protective equipment, appropriate safety tools, equipment and procedures to ensure that self and others go home safe each day;
that area and equipment operate at the highest safety levels; that all people in the area comply with the safety directives and keep the area neat and clean.
- Follows all safety instructions and procedures. Acts in such a way that safety awareness and accident prevention are considered in performing all tasks.
- Ensures that all personal safety, quality and assigned training is up to date and in compliance.
- Supports and follows the policy of reporting incidents, near misses and improvement possibilities.
- Ensures Quality procedures, Management Directives and Quality improvement projects are supported and followed.
- Reports any quality deviations or non-conformances observed.
DSM NA is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. DSM is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees.
Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Posted in November 29, 2021
Expired in March 1, 2022