NJ Transit Cleaner
AMERICA'S BEST-IN-STATE EMPLOYERS FORBES 2021
FULL TIME BUS CLEANERS - Nutley, Maplewood, Howell, Newark, Dover and Orange
Move forward with us! At NJ TRANSIT, you'll join us in transforming the third-largest transportation agency in North America.
We are committed to delivering safe, reliable service that gets our customers to their destinations on time and we’re looking to hire talented folks with a love of learning to make it all possible.
Under the direction of the Superintendent or General Foreman, a Cleaner is responsible for the cleaning and maintaining of all NJ TRANSIT vehicles, facilities, and / or properties.
Report any incidents occurred as directed by the supervisor.
Duties include but are not limited to :
- Cleans interior of NJ Transit buses, including sweeping and mopping bus floors, dusting seats, cleaning windows, maintaining the driver’s area, vacuuming and cleaning upholstery, cleaning light fixtures and washing down interior surfaces
- Fills out work report forms as required
- Removes trash, litter and other refuse
- Cleans exterior of buses and all other NJ Transit vehicles, including soaping, scrubbing, and rinsing of vehicles (utilizing a mechanical bus washer if available)
- Performs periodic sweeping and cleaning of Company properties and facilities, operating mechanical equipment as required to perform their job duties
CONSIDERATION WILL BE GIVEN IF YOU :
- Have a High School diploma or GED from a recognized and accredited school.
- Are able to read, write, speak and understand English
- Capable of completing forms and carrying out duties of the position.
- Pass the pre-employment physical and background checks (interview, background check and pre-employment medical screening).
- Can work any shift including evenings, weekends, and holidays. Hours vary depending upon the Bus Garage.
NJ TRANSIT OFFER :
Full benefit package including medical, prescription, dental and vision
Pension plan plus 457 tax-deferred savings plans
Paid time off
Pay rate is $17.53 per hour
At NJ TRANSIT we support and depend upon the diversity of our staff.
NJ TRANSIT is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Posted in July 29, 2022
Expired in October 30, 2022