Client Accounting Assistant
Global law firm is seeking a Client Accounting Assistant for their NY office.
This position provides client accounting analysis and billing support to partners. Prepares bills and follows-up on all matters of billing and collection and responds to related internal inquiries.
Works closely with supervisor, and team members to meet department service guidelines. Assists billing coordinators with complex billing assignments.
- Assists with handling complex billing and client analysis projects.
- Reviews outstanding balance reports.
- Prepares bills, completes partner edits, prepares internal forms and back-up including preparation of narrative descriptions, write-offs, transfers, retainer and on-account applications.
- Responds to inquiries and requests for information made by attorneys, secretaries, legal assistants and staff using effective communication skills, both oral and written.
- Participates in answering and serving the Firm's billing and collection help line.
- Maintains complete and up-to-date files for each partner and / or client.
- Handles assigned partner(s) billing and collection activity.
- Communicates situations requiring escalation to management.
- Actively seeks to enhance knowledge of all Client Accounting procedures and processes.
- Uses sound judgment when approaching problems and making decisions.
- Updates and maintains logs for billing, reminder memos and partner responses.
- Documents meetings / discussions with partners for actions and / or later follow-up.
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills to facilitate effective work relationships with others.
- Manages Firm resources responsibly.
- Complies with and understands Firm operation, policies and procedures.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Posted in January 15, 2022
Expired in February 12, 2022