Barnes & Noble Customer Experience Bookseller
Title : Customer Experience Bookseller
Category : Customer Service & Support
EmploymentType : Full-Time
Location : NJ-Lyndhurst
LocationType : corporate
JobLocation : Clifton, New Jersey 07014
JobSummary : As a Customer Experience Bookseller, you will provide service & support for ALL lines of business handling inquiries from customers, members, or stores.
Responsible for helping customers and stores in addressing issues, problem-solving, and improving overall experience. With an emphasis on delivering exceptional service, you will provide valuable input for overall experience & improvement strategies.
- Promptly resolve inquiries from stores / members / customers via phone, email, or chat.
- Provide accurate, valid, and complete information to stores / members / customers by effectively utilizing the proper methods / tools.
- Listen to stores / members / customers concerns and complaints with the goal of identifying the causes of the problem.
- May be required to work in one or multiple queues and / or skill sets.
- Always provide appropriate solutions and alternatives within the time limits and follow-up to ensure resolution.
- For institutional and bookseller store events : work with publisher to check price, availability, and terms. Responsible for placing orders with publishers by phone, email, or portal depending on publisher.
- Handle outbound calls / emails to various vendors for product / order inquiries.
- Complete all follow-up work related to customer orders and open incidents.
- Handle special assignments as needed.
- Work with Distribution Center personnel to arrange shipping for institutional orders as well as troubleshooting issues for all lines of business.
- Participate actively in department meetings, providing vital feedback to improve development of various new programs.
- Support additional duties as necessary in high volume or promotional periods.
- Complete work according to standards as determined by department head, manager, and / or supervisor.
- Escalate issues appropriately using good judgement in terms of what is out of the ordinary.
- Adhere to work schedule as set by the needs of the contact center.
- 2-3 years Customer Service Experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously with attention to detail
- Technologically astute
- Excellent Microsoft Office Suite skills required
- Ability to analyze customer situations and provide solutions
- Troubleshooting, reporting and logical thinking skills
- Organizational and teamwork skills required
- Ability to organize, plan and prioritize workload and follow up
- Communicate effectively, collaboratively, and comfortably with All.
- Cooperative in supporting new policies, plans and procedures
- A good company representative
- Assertive without being overly aggressive, an empathetic listener
- Ability to enforce company polices without creating negative reactions
- Ability to communicate with credibility and confidence
- Open to feedback and can reflect on this insight to develop and grow.
- Curious and continues to develop deep knowledge about books and the industry.
- Prioritize customer experience above all else.
- Support results and understand financial factors.
- Enjoy working with people and value them.
- Well-organized and manages time efficiently.
- Adapts well to and thrives in a dynamic and changing work environment.
- Shift gears quickly, prioritize and multi-task.
- Use good judgment and make good decisions.
- Exhibit focus and thoughtfulness.
- Remain calm and in control when situations escalate.
EeoStatement : Barnes & Noble is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, military or veteran status, religion, creed, disability, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition as defined by applicable law, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws and ordinances.
Posted in November 30, 2021
Expired in March 10, 2022